Thursday, October 06, 2005

Good news, bad news...

Well, I’ve got good news and I’ve got bad news.

The good news is, our house is finally starting to come together. I now have a bed, curtains and sheets! Granted, the bed is a little too big for my mattress, the curtains don’t completely cover the window and the sheets feel like the ones they have in hospitals. But hey… they exist!



Also, our pantry is beginning to fill up. Now we can have bread with peanut butter and jam!



But here’s the bad news… We haven’t had water in a week. That means we can’t use our new gas cooker, because all our dishes are filthy!



Oh, and one more thing. A bunch of cows walked past my window this morning. Not sure if that’s good new or bad news…



I think there might be an ancient tale about a heard of legendary cows that bestow blessings of abundant running water and comfortable sheets to all who gaze upon the gentle herd.

Or maybe it was the one about the abundant cow dung that now litters the road I walk down every day. Can’t remember…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...or is the tale of the demons in cows clothing that sucked the world dry of water wherever they walked...

...oh...that was pigs that JUMPED into water...

sorry.

Anonymous said...

jeffrey HATES it when cows walk anywhere near his house...let alone his street. it is so like him. i just hope he doesn't read this blog...he might get mad at you, cows are just NOT his thing.

Barry said...

Jeffrey wrote me an email the other day saying that we're "feuding" again. Turns out he got my last email update and went onto my blog. *sigh* He's so ticked at me now...