Thursday, May 15, 2008

India!!!

Just a quick update about where I'll be spending my summer. From July 8 till... well, till I leave, I'll be in New Delhi, India!!! How cool is that?

I'll be spending my time traveling around the country with Sunil Sardar of Truthseekers International. Sunil is sort of a big deal around India because of his steadfast commitment to bring an end to the caste system.

While in India, I'll be following in Sunil's footsteps as he meets with government leaders, speaks at Christian leadership seminars, and baptizes people in the Ganges river, among other things (ok, tell me that won't look good on my resume!).

Sunil has told me that he has several college-aged students that he wants me to meet, and I am super-excited about the potential friendships that may emerge. Also, I have asked to live with a Muslim or Hindu family for at least two weeks, and Sunil says that it won't be a problem. I'm looking for full immersion here...

Obviously, there will be many more details to come. But for now, check out the video below to get a taste of what my life will be like for the next several months!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cool, Barry! What a great learning and leadership opportunity! Your international experience in Kenya will be huge! Will you be posting on the blog during your time there? How can we be praying for you specifically as it relates to this trip? So stoked for your heart and the Kingdom!