Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Well, I guess I'm off...

Apparently I am leaving in 8 hours for Maharastra, a state in western India. And I found this out, oh, about an hour ago...

It was such a perfectly Indian moment. We were sitting in the office chatting when the topic of our sometime-in-the-near-future trip to Maharastra came up (it's been in the works for a while, but it's always been "next week or something"). I said "Have you bought the tickets? When do we leave?" To which Sunil replied, "Tomorrow! You didn't know???"

So. Maharastra. We will be flying down to a rural town in the general vicinity of Pune (I think!) and seeing the ministry of Sunil's brother. That's literally all I know. Where will we be staying? No idea. What will we be doing? No idea. How long will we be there? No idea.

According to Sunil, I can take a train back whenever I want. If I'm really enjoying myself, I can stay longer than a week. If not, I can just come back with him. Haha! Talk about flexibility.

So, all that to say, I probably won't be able to blog or email much while I'm away, but don't worry. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures.

See ya!

5 comments:

Amy K. Sorrells said...

Love your last few blogs...neat to get a new perspective on meeting people where they are and connecting with them in ways they can best understand and relate. Praying for safe travels into the Indian Outback! :)

Curtis Honeycutt said...

Barry, it sounds like you have a great attitude toward a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants Indian life.

You always fly by the seat of your pants when you go to India and live with Sunil!

eness said...

i guess flexibility isn't just an african requirement!
can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about this adventure =)

pam said...

BARRY! Rebekah and I read your blog in the Denver airport. We laughed our heads off and cried our eyes out! I can't explain how it feels to read and see our world through your eyes. I feel what you are going through! I've experienced most of it first hand!
Continuing to pray for you!
Enjoy Yavatmal :)

Baby McLaughlin said...

Barry,
I'm so glad that your mom gave me your the link to your blog. I just feel torn between amusement and sorrow for all of the things you are experiencing. What a gift that you can be there right now. Thank you for sharing your world (and the world) with us back at home.
Peace,
Jeff, Sarah, & Soren McLaughlin