Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Off to India!

Well, this is it. I am off to India... A quick flight to Chicago, a 7 hour layover, and I'll be on my way!

It's weird. I'm not nearly as anxious as I was before Kenya. When I left for that trip, I was a bundle of nerves (not to mention that I couldn't find my support check anywhere in my carry-on... had to go all the way thinking I had forgotten it!).

This time, however, I'm so much more relaxed. Perhaps I've developed an inherent trust of the people I'll be working with. Possibly I'm calm because I know what God has in store for me. Or maybe I'm just getting used to international travel. Hmmm...

Well, whatever the case, I'm ready to go, ready to learn and ready to have my life shaken to the core once again!

Next time I write, it will be from New Delhi...

5 comments:

Kim said...

barry,

praying for safe travels!

ryan, kim, austin & caitlin

linda said...

barry . . . I'm so excited for you! You'll never be the same! I pray your heart will be broken for india . . . just like mine was!

give a hug to sunil and the smiths for me! i'll be praying for you.

blessings!
linda slipher

Curtis Honeycutt said...

If I knew your layover was 7 hours, I might've express-delivered some melty Maggie Moos cupcakes.

Nub Patrol!

Anonymous said...

welcome to my house! :)

Unknown said...

I DID express-deliver Maggie Moo's cupcakes!! You didn't get them? Sad! Also, sorry the elephant ambush didn't work out...next time, next time. Hope everything is starting off great!

Nub Patrol-yes!